Sunday, November 12, 2006

Phased Out >>>{{

It was a dark dark night

Yet my neighbors had the light

Morbid shame, sunken face

Truth is out, nahi three phase:(

“This is it my boy…” I said to myself over and over again. “You just gotta take Mr. Proakis out and give him a once over.” Alas, Fate (and their new election allies, aka EB) had other plans. For the third time this weekend, my house, like in a third-rate thriller, was plunged into darkness.

“Tick tock tick tock” the eternal dance of my bedroom clock continued, mindless of his companion's mood. Sighing, I replaced Mr. Proakis (in the cobwebby corner) and opened the door... to step into centre stage!

The streets were alight, the neighborhood fluorescent tubes bestowing their incandescence into the night. I pinched myself… “Eeow!” assured once more I was on Planet Earth, raced down the stairs, only to hear my grandma gushing over the phone “Saaar, no current in my house only saar. We have single phase!”

The nightmare continues…

No comments: